Sunday, October 27, 2013

Good stuff! Sept 30, 2013

Hey everyone! This week was good, and a lot happened, but I'm short on time!

Here's the good stuff ;)

1) 6 new investigators yay :)
2) 3 gunshots went off right outside our apartments! scary. But I'm curious George and sooo I walked outside to check it out. Bad idea, my companion got shot!
Ha jk :) we did walk outside though, but nothing happened. Some police came to check it out like 2 hours later.
3) The next day after the shootings, some gang members were in our apartment complex. After I parked the car (they just happen to be there as we were returning home), 4 of them stared us down and walked up to the car, but after a moment they walked away. Whew! Close call eh? I made sure the car doors were locked haha, but they were looking for someone.. I just hope one of these days we aren't in the wrong place at the wrong time. There's been a lot of stuff going on. We're just missionaries people, leave us alooone haha 
4) heard our neighbor beating his wife. pretty messed up and sad. i dont feel like talking about it though.
5) did some service at the local library and for a member, yep
6) met a family from Syria, they all speak Arabic but the two sons speak English. one of them taught me how to say hello in their language but i already forgot lol sorry :|

ah! out of time! but those are some of our daily adventures here in Bakersfield! I love it, so much fun!
I love you all, hope you have a good day!
-Elder James



No comments:

Post a Comment