Monday, August 26, 2013

The Red Truck June 10, 2013

Hey everyone, so this is what happened week 5 of the great California Ventura Mission
So this is going to be out of order, I'm just going to say what I remembered because I forgot my journal. Waaa sorry.
Saturday I think, we were riding our bikes home and I saw some red truck stop after they pulled into some neighborhood, and a young woman jumped out. She was crying and shouting something, and then I say some other guy get out and then the truck drove off. Then the girl was saying some stuff and right before I got out of view, I saw him hit her right in the face, hard too! I slammed on my breaks and got over their as fast as I could. The guy ran off and the girl took off somewhere else, but Elder P and I rode around for 10 minutes looking for her. We eventually found her alone sitting on the side walk. She told us what happened, I guess they were together for 3 years and had some relationship problems. She was ok after being hit, but I felt really awkward and wasn't too sure of what to do. But it was just a different experience, and I'm just glad we were there so she could have someone to talk to. She was 18 and the other guy was probably around 20.
We also were able to help paint some stair railings at J and I house. It was fun. I tried not to get any paint on me but that didn't work out so well. I still have paint on my legs.
Also, we were just cruising in El Rio and than Elder P tire popped. I FOUND A CORRELATION THAT I THINK YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW FROM THIS EVENT!!! So. Every week that either Elder P and I haven't received mail, one of our tires have popped. Yes, correlation now certainly means causation! So every week that we don't get any mail, that means on of our tires are going to pop! Somebody send us mail please >:}
That's about it. We decided not to drop L O because we had one lesson where we spiritually roundhouse kicked him in the face. We talked a lot about him and his life, about how he needs to change and find new friends, because the way he is going with his life right now, he is going to end up either dead or in jail within the next 5-10 years. The thing is, he knows that! He knows his friends are all going to end up like that. But it's hard to get out of gangs. He really opened up to us and said he felt like there's no hope for him. We are trying our best to help him though. Pray for him, ok? We worry about him.
Well, I hope you all are doing well. I miss you very much. I will be on next week!
-Love, Elder Santiagoooooo go go we ran out of Hot Pockets at the apartments :|

No comments:

Post a Comment